DynamicValue Table Conditional

11-05-2013 09:11 AM
Labels (1)
CraigCarsley
Occasional Contributor II
Is it possible for the DynamicValue table to handle conditions?

For example, if I want to populate the MUNILEFT/MUNIRIGHT fields onCreate of a RoadCenterline feature, how can I populate the attributes when the feature falls outside a municipality? I'd like to populate the attributes with the "County" value in those cases.

Can something like this be done without creating a new boundary feature class?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
You would have to do this in two fields and then use the expression to move the county to the muni fields if they are not populated.
0 Kudos
CraigCarsley
Mike,

Thanks for responding.  Can you recommend the value methods that would be used to accomplish this?
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Have you tried using the intersect_feature with both layers and the prompt option?
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/localgovernment/10.2/index.html#/Intersecting_features/028s00000...
0 Kudos
CraigCarsley
I currently have it set up to use Intersecting Features for the City Limits layer, but I haven't done anything with the County Layer.
Do you mean using 'prompt' for the method parameter, or the actual Prompt value method?
0 Kudos
CraigCarsley
Just for the record, it ended up being most practical to use the Intersecting_Feature method on a modified City Limits layer that includes a feature with TOWN = "Douglas County" for spaces where no city exists.
0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III

I know this is an old thread, but the other option is to set the default value in the Create Features template for the RoadCenterline (MUNILEFT = "Douglas County" and MUNIRIGHT = "Douglas County") and for the SiteAddressPoint (MUNICIPALITY = "Douglas County").  Any street centerline or address point falling outside of the municipal boundary will get the assigned default values instead.

0 Kudos