City of Naperville

Jump to solution
01-21-2013 10:52 AM
briankelly
New Contributor
This is probably something super obvious. I created the LGM from the default model. When i add an address point the municipality name automatically is set to City of Naperville. How can i modify that?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II
This is probably something super obvious. I created the LGM from the default model. When i add an address point the municipality name automatically is set to City of Naperville. How can i modify that?

In v10.1, and I believe in v10.0 as well, there are feature templates.  Right click on Address point layer in the TOC, move cursor over edit features > then select 'Organize Feature Template'.  From here, right click on one of the templates and select 'Properties'.  Scroll down to 'Municipality Name' and change "City of Naperville" to what ever you want.  From here you can add other defaults for other attributes.  This saves a lot of time as well as help decrease typos.  I have attached images as well.  I hope this helps.

Also, if you are using the Attribute Assistant Add-in then this can auto-populate fields as well.  You may want to check these settings as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21033[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21034[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21035[/ATTACH]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

In v10.1, and I believe in v10.0 as well, there are feature templates.  Right click on Address point layer in the TOC, move cursor over edit features > then select 'Organize Feature Template'.  From here, right click on one of the templates and select 'Properties'.  Scroll down to 'Municipality Name' and change "City of Naperville" to what ever you want.  From here you can add other defaults for other attributes.  This saves a lot of time as well as help decrease typos.  I have attached images as well.  I hope this helps.

Also, if you are using the Attribute Assistant Add-in then this can auto-populate fields as well.  You may want to check these settings as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21033[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21034[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21035[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
briankelly
New Contributor
That did it. Thank you!
0 Kudos