Calculate Solar Radiation | ArcGIS for Local Government to my 3D Geometry

07-09-2018 05:05 AM
VamsiKrishna2
New Contributor II

I am trying to Calculate Solar Radiation | ArcGIS for Local Government  to my 3D Geometry , I got this errors which could not continue the process further . I tried to read and resolve the error   but unfortunately was not able to solve it.@Dan Patterson @ Hisham Alghamdi @Jayanta Poddar#calculate Solar Radiation

8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would work in a new folder environment.  The path to your data contains punctuation etc.

Is this a package? are you working in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

We cant see your inputs

VamsiKrishna2
New Contributor II

Dan, Thanks for your quick response, I changed my database path environment to new folder, and again I run the “Visualize Solar Radiation on Building Roofs” tool but no luck again facing the same error. Please find the error messages as attachments.

Here I would like to bring to your notice that when I run the An ArcGIS Pro project package used to calculate solar radiation maps (Calculate Solar Radiation configuration file) by default it is installing and executing from the default users arc gis path (C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\Documents\ArcGIS\Projects).

The data type is “File Geodatabase Feature Class” 3d Buildings and I am working in ArcGIS Pro.

Requesting you to please review and suggest me in this regard.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
VamsiKrishna2
New Contributor II

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Look at the line in the error.... Can't find....

That is the path type I was referring to.  I don't understand why it is full of punctuation and so long.

In short … it can't find the raster, and I suspect you will have to resolve the installation and/or confirm the rasters

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Did the path correct the issue?

0 Kudos
VamsiKrishna2
New Contributor II

No, it was not worked. BTW Congratulations for achieving the “2017 Top Contributors Geonet Award”

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Thanks Vamsi...

Did you install the supplemental python package? Install add-in - Calculate Solar Radiation | ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government 

And I assume you have a standard or advanced license for ArcMap (hence Pro)  and ….(To deploy Calculate Solar Radiation with the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool requires specific software.)

Gert_van_Maren
Esri Contributor

Hi Vamsi,

Could you try and install the package to a different location please? For example c:\temp\solar. You can use the Extract Package GP tool to extract it to a custom location. make sure not to use the cache option.

Let me know if this works.

Gert