Address Data Management - Parsing "Left" or "Right"

07-31-2013 06:32 AM
Labels (1)
BillTen_Broeck
New Contributor
The ADM addin must be able to decide if you are assigning a point on the Left or Right side of the road, as it seems to always come up with the correct choice of Odd or Even. Is that value accessible somehow? We have an attribute specifically for that which we would like to have updated automatically, as well as be able to ascertain MSAGLEFT or MSAGRIGHT.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BillTen_Broeck
New Contributor
It looks like I missed a method named "SIDE". It appears that will do it. Except that I cannot get it to work...

In ValueInfo I put RoadCenterline|SEGMENTID|ADDRESSID. SEGMENTID being the key for the centerline features, and ADDRESSID being the key for the Address features
0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
The other way you could do this if you have polygons that represent your MSAG areas is to use the IntersectFeature method.  This method will intersect the polygon features you have and populate the attributes you specify.  We use this method in the Address Data Management map now to populate the Place Name, USNG, etc.

If you don't have polygons for the MSAG areas and still need to troubleshoot the SIDE method, please contact Esri Support Services.  They can help you nail down the specific issues you are having with your configuration.

Scott
0 Kudos