Kriging creating sharp edge interpolation

10-24-2013 06:14 AM
JuanNogues
New Contributor
I am having trouble interpolating groundwater nitrate values using Kriging.  Once I tell the tool to optimize the fit it produces very sharp edges in the spatial domain that I have a hard time justifying using physical concepts.

I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and how could one deal with this.  I would like to create a more smooth interpolated map if possible.

Attached is the figure I have with the black points indicating the sample points.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
leocao
by
New Contributor
I am having trouble interpolating groundwater nitrate values using Kriging.  Once I tell the tool to optimize the fit it produces very sharp edges in the spatial domain that I have a hard time justifying using physical concepts.

I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and how could one deal with this.  I would like to create a more smooth interpolated map if possible.

Attached is the figure I have with the black points indicating the sample points.

I�??do not know more about the kriging,but may you could try to reset the size of the grid or the seach point.
0 Kudos
EricKrause
Esri Regular Contributor
Do you have access to Geostatistical Analyst?  If so, using a Smooth search neighborhood will probably correct this.
0 Kudos