Invalid Parameters Error 000581

02-01-2011 03:04 PM
toddsears
New Contributor
I am getting an invalid parameters error when running either Anselin Local Moran's I or Getis-Ord Gi*.  I am using ArcMap 10.0 with ArcView License.  I've reviewed the variable being evaluated, it is an index with values from 1 to 100 assigned to census tracts in a specific county for the year 2000 (i.e. I am attempting to determine if clustering is occuring by census tract based on the value of the index and/or proximity/location of the tracts), I don't see any unusual characters or issues within the variable.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi Todd,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your analysis!  In order to figure out what is going on here, we need a bit more information.  If possible, could you send us your data and we can try to repro it?  If that isn't possible, can you send us some screenshots of your attribute table and the tool dialog right before you run it? 

Again, sorry for the inconvenience!  Hopefully we can get you up and running again soon!

Lauren Rosenshein
Geoprocessing Product Engineer
0 Kudos
ReginaBateson
New Contributor
I am getting exactly this same error when I attempt to do hot spot analysis and calculate Moran's i. I am at a loss as to why this might be happening -- there are no obvious problems with my data. Ideas? I am using ArcMap 10.
0 Kudos
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi gbateson,

I'm really sorry that you're running into this problem too!  We'd really like to reproduce the issue so that we can figure out what's going on.  Would you be willing to share your data with us so that we can figure this out?  I'll also need a breakdown of exactly how you're filling out the tool parameters (a screenshot would work).

Again, I'm very sorry that you're having trouble and I hope we can get it figured out soon!

Lauren Rosenshein
0 Kudos
ReginaBateson
New Contributor
Dear Lauren,

Thanks for your offer of help! I will certainly send you all the details of my problem. How can I find your email address? Or where/how should I send the files?

Thanks, Gina
0 Kudos
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi Gina,

Thanks so much for being willing to share your data with us so that we can figure this out!  My email address is lrosenshein@esri.com.  Please send over your data, as well as a screenshot of the parameters you're choosing, and any additional information that might be useful.  I look forward to solving this problem and getting you moving forward!

Lauren Rosenshein
0 Kudos
KarlHennermann
New Contributor II
Hi, di you get this resolved? I am having the same issue with Cluster and Outlier Analysis (Anselin Local Moran's I).
Arc10 Desktop SP4
Thanks
Karl
0 Kudos
KarlHennermann
New Contributor II
resolved - initially I used a feature class with a joined table. I then exported the feature class with joined table to a new feature class, making the attribute table permanent. Now the tool succeeds without error.