Select to view content in your preferred language

Invalid Irregular Neighborhood Mask (Error 010308)

Jump to solution
05-03-2015 06:15 PM
TravisBrousseau1
Deactivated User

I've been trying to use a kernel file in focal statistics using irregular neighborhood and having no luck. In 10.2 I can't even bring in kernel file manually as it is grayed out in ArcToolbox dialog box. I can it 10.1 but I get the error message, Invalid Irregular Neighborhood Mask (Error 010308), everytime. Is there any work arounds for this? I open up arctoolbox and my kernel file path is lost. My kernel txt file is below.

3 3

0 1 0

1 0 1

0 1 0

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Does the file have an extension? (ie txt)

Does the name contain spaces?

Ditto for the path?

Locally stored?

Is there a blank row at the end of the file? (some text editors will put one in)

The central processing cell is 0...does it work if it is 1 or what stat are you trying to calculate excluding the central cell?

Enough questions for now...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Does the file have an extension? (ie txt)

Does the name contain spaces?

Ditto for the path?

Locally stored?

Is there a blank row at the end of the file? (some text editors will put one in)

The central processing cell is 0...does it work if it is 1 or what stat are you trying to calculate excluding the central cell?

Enough questions for now...

0 Kudos
TravisBrousseau1
Deactivated User

Hi Dan. Thanks for the quick response. It did have a file extension and no spaces in the name and path. It wasn't locally stored and that seemed to be the culprit. Appreciate the help!

I'm ultimately trying to clean up several rasters with single cell holes in the datasets (amongst other larger holes) but I just want to remove the no valued single cells in the raster and interpolate them based on current values. I'm using the following command in raster catalog and not producing the results I want. Would you have any advice on this?

Con(IsNull("raster"), FocalStatistics("raster", NbrIrregular(r"C:\Users\doc.txt"), "MEAN"), "raster")

Travis

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If they are that small, check out Nibble in the spatial analyst

0 Kudos