Forest-based Classification and Regression missing Explanatory Training Rasters input space

Jump to solution
01-13-2022 05:20 PM
EmmaZHatcher
New Contributor II

I'm trying to use the Forest-based Classification and Regression to potentially use for a model instead of Google Earth Engine. In all of the tutorials & documentation, it appears there should be an Explanatory Training Rasters input option when you select 'Predict to raster' as your Prediction Type. I just upgraded to 2.9 last week and ran the most recent patch, and the tool just doesn't have that as an input, which in tutorials and other pictures appears below the 'Treat Variable as Categorical' checkbox. I attempted to use the Python version of the tool, and got a general, uninformative error. Anyone else run into this problem?

EmmaZHatcher_0-1642122996038.png

EmmaZHatcher_1-1642123071386.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Emma,

Do you have the Spatial Analyst extension licensed on your ArcGIS Pro machine? This is because the help doc (link below) states that:

• An ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension license is required to use rasters as explanatory variables or to predict to an Output Prediction Surface value.

Forest-based Classification and Regression (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hello Emma,

Do you have the Spatial Analyst extension licensed on your ArcGIS Pro machine? This is because the help doc (link below) states that:

• An ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension license is required to use rasters as explanatory variables or to predict to an Output Prediction Surface value.

Forest-based Classification and Regression (Spatial Statistics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
EmmaZHatcher
New Contributor II

You are right- that's the problem! I missed that since the tool appeared accessible... sneaky. Thank you!