ERROR 999999: Error executing function. A locator with this name does not exist

11-30-2010 12:54 AM
SteveDugdale
New Contributor
I get the following error when running the Ordinary Least Squares script from the Spatial Statistics tools.  It's very vague.  Please can someone give me a clue about how to identify the error and resolve it?

Running script OrdinaryLeastSquares...
<type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
A locator with this name does not exist.

Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LaurenRosenshein
New Contributor III
Hi Steve,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having trouble!  We do everything that we can to ensure that users never get 999999 errors, so that sounds like a bug, and I am hoping that we will be able to figure out what is going wrong and fix it as soon as possible.  There are a few things that I'll need to know in order to reproduce the issue, and ultimately fix the problem.  What version of ArcGIS are you working on?  Is it possible for you to share your data so that we can reproduce your exact workflow, and what are the precise steps that you are taking in your analysis (i.e. all of the parameter choices, inputs, etc.)?    If you can share your data, you can send it to me directly at lrosenshein@esri.com.

Again, I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused you!

Lauren Rosenshein
Geoprocessing Product Engineer
0 Kudos
SteveDugdale
New Contributor
Hi Lauren,
Many thanks - I have just sent an e-mail with the details that you requested.

Thanks

Steve
0 Kudos
SteveDugdale
New Contributor
Thanks to ESRI staff Lauren Rosenshein and Lauren Scott the problem is resolved.  I had selected the events layer as the input file which is not capable of being processed by the OLS tool.  By exporting the layer, saving it as a shapefile and then using the new shapefile as the input feature for the OLS tool everything worked fine.

The problem with the OLS tool allowing events layers to be visible (and therefore selectable) in the dropdown box for the input feature has apparantly been corrected in ARCGIS 10.0 (SP1).  If you are using an earlier version, make sure that you don't try to use an events layer as the input feature - otherwise you will get the vague "catch all" error message "ERROR 999999: Error executing function. A locator with this name does not exist"

Hope this helps.

Many thanks again to the two Lauren's. 

Steve
0 Kudos
EhsanAbdolmajidi
New Contributor
I am also getting the same error as follows:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\arcpy\arcpy\arc.py", line 1727, in Dissolve
    raise e
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.
Failed to execute (Dissolve).

I am trying to implement some code in python deploying arcpy in Ecllipse.
With the Dissolve function, I want to remove Pseudo nodes of my road network and below is the code:

arcpy.Dissolve_arc(self.address_ref_layer1, self.address_unSplit_ref_layer1, dissolveFields, "LINE")

required info:
    Windows7 Enterprise, Sp1, 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU@ 3.4GHz
    RAM 8 GB
    ArcGIS 10.2.2

Could you please help me how to resolve the problem or give me a workaround for this issue?
0 Kudos