Select to view content in your preferred language

Using raster calculator to recalculate high and low

12-01-2017 08:28 AM
ChristophersonPooter
New Contributor

Essentially I am trying to raster sets to have common symbology, with their low value being 0. The situation is the data was collected with a drone and mapped using mapping software, however unforeseen variables such as altitude do not allow me to properly analyze my data.

I have tried importing symbology from a common raster so they are all referenced the same, but when I do further analysis, it is clear the rasters themselves are the same.

I have also tried the following map algebra equation:

New Layer = [(Old_Layer - OLDMIN) x (NEWMAX- NEWMIN) / (OLDMAX – OLDMIN)]

but my high and low value do not represent the real values.

I am new to arcmap and this is for my final project that is due in just a few days, any help would be greatly appreciated.

To be clear, I believe the high values are the distance from the drone to the highest point, and the low values are the distance from the drone to the lowest point. I need to calculate the rasters such that they are common so I can run further analysis on them

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

GeoNet Community Structure.... is this supposed to be in Web GIS?  you might move it to a more appropriate location if it isn't

0 Kudos
ChristophersonPooter
New Contributor

I'm sorry I got confused with that part. This is being done within the ArcMap desktop application

0 Kudos