Select to view content in your preferred language

Please help with the movement.simplecrw tool in GME.

10-31-2016 05:03 AM
BiancaFizzotti
New Contributor

Hello GIS community

Please could someone give me advise as to why my movement.simplecrw tool is not running? I am looking at the impact of roads on puff adder movement. To see if individuals are crossing a road network more often of less often than their original natural path movement.

I have ArcGIS 10.3.1 and the corresponding version of GME installed on my laptop.

The problem is that the program is not reading my .csv files for my turning angle distribution or my step length distribution. This is the error I am receiving:

"The specified empirical distribution file contained no valid records: C:\Users\B\Desktop\Masters\MSc data\GIS data\Frequency distributions\Pu1_tad.csv

The specified empirical distribution file contained no valid records: C:\Users\B\Desktop\Masters\Msc data\GIS data\Frequency distributions\Pu1_sld.csv"

I followed the GME.pdf that explains how to create a .csv for empirical distributions with maximum, minimum and probability values. However when I input the commands into the GME interface I am not given the drop down menu option of selecting a file path for the 'tad' and 'sld' values (which is the option for all other aspects (such as inpoint/outpoint/bnd) that have a file path). Please see screenshot of the GME interface attached.

If I input the file path manually, I receive the above error. If anyone has advice as to why this tool is not running it would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Best asked on the author's site

But... try moving your input files to a folder which no spaces... ditto for output files.

0 Kudos
BiancaFizzotti
New Contributor

Hi Dan

I've changed the folder names and still no luck. As well as emailed the author and posted this query on other forums. Thank you for you help.

0 Kudos