Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with Moving points on to Roadways

Jump to solution
01-14-2015 08:49 AM
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

I have traffic stations that I need joined to or merged to Roadways so I can grab some attribute table fields into the station layer. I believe I should be using the liner referencing toolbox. But the tools I am using are not working. So, it is something I am missing in my steps. Please help. I have attached a picture of the layers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffBarnett1
New Contributor

You could just do a spatial join.  With the data in your picture you'd be pretty sure to get the correct hwy joined to the station point.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffBarnett1
New Contributor

You could just do a spatial join.  With the data in your picture you'd be pretty sure to get the correct hwy joined to the station point.

0 Kudos
MichelleCouden
Occasional Contributor

Well, I think the join worked this time. I think the last time I did it I started with the station file instead of the line file. Just by quick check it looks like it worked this time. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you only want to obtain the attributes (in that case the solution by Jeff could be sufficient, although you should check stations near intersections) or do you want to move the points towards the network?

0 Kudos