Weird Results when processing Corridor Flight

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 09:59 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

We did a corridor flight with our M300RTK earlier this week and got some weird results when processing in Site Scan.  It looks like it skipped a section of the road and where it picked up, the images are all oriented incorrectly.  Any thoughts on what could be going on?

AndrewBowne_0-1649350735333.png

AndrewBowne_1-1649350770796.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndrewBowne

Based on the info you shared, it seems you planned your mission correctly, and that the images were captured as expected. 
I assume that some images did not calibrate during processing causing to the gap, and subsequent images to calibrate but incorrectly (North West corner).  Without more details I can't confirm or explain why. 

Please open a support ticket to get an analyst looking at this as soon as possible and resolved. 

While Support reviews this, since you mentioned you were using an M300RTK, you can try reprocessing the mission but set the geolocation accuracy to 0.1 ft/ 0.02 m for XY and Z in the advanced processing settings if RTK was being used. If RTK was not in use, set it to 1 ft / 0.3 m XY & Z for testing. 

You can set the output resolutions to the lowest settings for faster results to see if they improve, if they do, reuse the same geolocation accuracy setting but with the desired output resolution. 

Regards,
Nico 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndrewBowne

Based on the info you shared, it seems you planned your mission correctly, and that the images were captured as expected. 
I assume that some images did not calibrate during processing causing to the gap, and subsequent images to calibrate but incorrectly (North West corner).  Without more details I can't confirm or explain why. 

Please open a support ticket to get an analyst looking at this as soon as possible and resolved. 

While Support reviews this, since you mentioned you were using an M300RTK, you can try reprocessing the mission but set the geolocation accuracy to 0.1 ft/ 0.02 m for XY and Z in the advanced processing settings if RTK was being used. If RTK was not in use, set it to 1 ft / 0.3 m XY & Z for testing. 

You can set the output resolutions to the lowest settings for faster results to see if they improve, if they do, reuse the same geolocation accuracy setting but with the desired output resolution. 

Regards,
Nico 

0 Kudos
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @NicoBonnafoux ,

I took your suggestion and tried reprocessing with an adjusted accuracy of 0.1ft for x/y/z and it seemed to have solved the problem.  I am rerunning with  the highest resolution right now to see if the output is the same as when running with the lowest resolution.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Would you suggest always using modifying the RTK accuracy settings when processing?

Would you suggest still opening a ticket?  I can't really show an analyst the result now that it has been corrected.

0 Kudos