Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem intercepting a surface in LandXML format with an elevation model created in Site Scan

Jump to solution
10-18-2023 12:46 PM
cdanielvarons
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I have a question about Site Scan. I am trying to overlay a surface loaded in LandXML format with the elevation products generated in Site Scan as indicated in the Cut/Fill tool documentation (https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-use-cutfill-measurements-in-site-scan-manager-f... ), however When I load the surface, it appears as follows:

cdanielvarons_0-1697658257560.png

but when selecting it as a comparison surface, it does not allow me to make the intersection using the Cut/Fill tool:

cdanielvarons_1-1697658257688.png

Is there a workflow or can you tell me what characteristics the surface in LandXML format must have to perform the intersection?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @cdanielvarons If understanding you correct - I have seen the same and reported it as a bug. The trick ("workaround") is to have 2 LandXML files to choose from (a default stupid one or a copy of the one you have uploaded). Then you get to choose from LandXML surfaces and the calculation will start

best
pH 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @cdanielvarons If understanding you correct - I have seen the same and reported it as a bug. The trick ("workaround") is to have 2 LandXML files to choose from (a default stupid one or a copy of the one you have uploaded). Then you get to choose from LandXML surfaces and the calculation will start

best
pH 

cdanielvarons
New Contributor III

Thanks for "the trick"!

NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

@Pål_Herman_Sund 's workaround is the current recommendation. Our teams are working on fixing this.