Select to view content in your preferred language

Increase the timeout for processing large number of photos

05-02-2022 11:47 AM
AndrewBowne
Regular Contributor

I am attempting to process ~6200 photos in Site Scan.  No matter what size output orthophoto or point cloud I choose, I get a failure to process error.  I am assuming there is a timeout happening somewhere.  If that's the case, there should be an increase in the timeout settings so users can process large numbers of photos.  I was able to process the same area using Drone2Map without issue.

4 Comments
GordonSumerling

Hello @AndrewBowne to help the team understand this a little more can you please supply the source drone, camera used, imagery type (RGB, IR, Thermal), pixel resolution of the camera and if there was greater than one flying height in the mission. 

I have seen project of this size process out so all this will be important.

The I would also suggest logging with technical support.

Cheers

Gordon

AndrewBowne

Hi @GordonSumerling -

Thanks for the reply.    We fly a DJI M300RTK with the P1 camera capturing RGB.   Almost all the mission was flown at 400ft AGL with the exception of a section we needed to fly higher to clear some tall buildings. We used terrain follow throughout.  Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you for your help! 

DavidOzer

Hi @AndrewBowne, if this is still an issue I will second Gordon's comment and encourage you to submit a case with Esri Technical Support. This will allow the development team to further investigate exactly why this might be happening and prioritize a resolution.

AndrewBowne

Hi @DavidOzer ,

I did submit a case with Esri Support and worked for several weeks at finding a solution.  I can provide you with the case # if you wish.  In the end we were never able to fully resolve the issue.  We tried combinations of several different advanced processing settings.  In the end, all of them timed out with log errors (as researched by support) showing that the server ran out of memory.