Include ability to add feature layers to missions

05-02-2022 11:42 AM
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Provide the ability to overlay feature layers from both ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS.  Currently there is no way to directly overlay layers that already exist in AGOL or Portal.  You have to export them out as shapefiles and upload them.  The ability to directly read layers from AGO or Portal would be a great benefit.

3 Comments
AngelaGray

Yes, this in Site Scan Manager flight planning. I have been able to add portal maps to the Site Scan Flight Planning app, but I would like to be able to do all my flight planning on the desktop and have my operational layers so that I can define my collection boundary with my features on the map.

DavidOzer

Hi @AngelaGray, thanks for the input, you're welcome to contribute to Andrew's Idea regarding using ArcGIS layers for desktop flight planning.

@AndrewBowne, how are you using Site Scan Manager for working with your imagery? To view your ArcGIS Online/Enterprise data in the context of Site Scan processed outputs, we encourage publishing the outputs to ArcGIS Online/Enterprise using the Share to ArcGIS option for each mission. No export/upload is required with this method. 

AndrewBowne

We currently are exporting the Site Scan processed outputs to our Portal and using that for dissemination of the data.  I'm thinking more along the lines of how we can visualize the Site Scan data with a feature layer from our Enterprise.  For instance,  If I have a merged mission of two (or, more) missions, I may want to overlay a feature layer of the mission boundaries so I can see what area is which mission.  I could convert the mission feature layer to a shapefile then import it but that seems like an unnecessary step when I should be able to connect to my Portal and overlay a feature layer right from my Enterprise.