compatibility matrix drone - drone2map - sitescan for arcgis

04-11-2022 05:31 AM
Labels (1)
BertKraan1
Frequent Contributor

I would value a list of drones that are certified to work with drone2map and/or sitescan for arcgis.

Ideally this would also clarify what the difference between drone2map and sitescan for arcgis is so one can make an informed decision to obtain one or the other, or both.

This list would be maintained regularly so I don't have to find topics that are several years old while technology is moving rapidly.

This would really help new drone/esri users make the right decisions.

thanks for your time.

Bert Kraan

1 Comment
NicoBonnafoux
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi @BertKraan1

We don't have a list because RGB images from virtually any drone and sensor are supported for processing in both Drone2Map and Site Scan as long as the images are georeference. We do recommend an image resolution ≥12 MP. 

The main difference between Site Scan and Drone2Map is that Site Scan is a cloud-based solution, and Drone2Map is a desktop software.
Site Scan is used by organizations that can use the cloud, have multiple users accessing the data, and/or need fleet management capabilities. Drone2Map is prefered by organizations that need to work in an offline environment, it also offers more flexibility for multispectral imagery processing if that is something you need. 

See the comparison table at the bottom of our Drone Mapping capabilities page. 

The Site Scan Flight iPad app has a defined list of supported drones and sensor configurations, it's available here and kept up-to-date. 

I hope this helps,
Nico