Select to view content in your preferred language

Issues with Corridor Flight Plans in Site Scan

10-11-2022 04:12 PM
Geobunga
New Contributor III

I created a few corridor flight plans today for the first time and ran into several issues that made the process inefficient and frustrating. I normally create area and crosshatch flight plans and occasionally have similar issues but never to the degree I experienced while planning corridor flights.

I am using the site scan flight app (4.3.1) on an iPad (7th gen, 15.4.1).

Here are the most notable issues:

1. I could find no way to delete vertices. Normally with area or ch surveys I double tap on a vertex and it provides an option to delete. I never was able to accomplish this and it appears the feature is not available for corridor flight plans. Please fix!
  2. Half of the time when trying to drag vertices into the desired location, instead of moving the vertex, it would move the entire corridor. I found if I zoomed in excessively close this would happen less often, but still continued to occur. After it occurs once, it gets stuck in this mode of moving the whole corridor and not the vertex. I tried using a stylus, different tap lengths and pressures, etc., but could find nothing to stop this completely.
  3. After creating and saving a flight plan mission, when going in to create another, the ArcGIS Layer Overlay I was using to plan the corridor flights would no longer display on the map. I tried several solutions but in the end, the only solution was to "refresh content" each time. This is not ideal as several layers in my content are password protected so I have to sit there and click a popup for every. single. one. of. these. layers.
0 Kudos
0 Replies