Nothing But An Exclamation Mark

01-09-2019 12:38 PM
DanielZeman
New Contributor

Sorry if there is another thread about this topic but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm on an Intranet at work and when I try to bring in a WMS (which is also on the Intranet) I get the exclamation mark. I know that means Arc can't find the data source but typically I at least get something when I open the properties portion of what I'm trying to load. In my case I get nothing, just a red exclamation mark, no title and the basic URL path to the rest server I'm trying to pull the layer from.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may cause this? I thought it might have something to do with the security settings in Internet Explorer, but I'm not sure. Also the issue will be there for awhile, then work for awhile with no explanation on what's causing it. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @DanielZeman , 

Can you let me know if you are bringing the WFS into ArcGIS Pro or Portal/ Online and how?

It may be a good start if you can locate where the Feature layer is stored, you can then have a look at the  WFS through either the Portal Item or the server manager if you have access. If the WFS has been moved t another location or deleted, you may not be able to access the data or see the properties when you search. 

Let me know if you need more help 

0 Kudos