Geoportal Localization Support

Jump to solution
07-11-2014 03:08 AM
denishreg
New Contributor II

Hi

I am using ESRI Geoportal Server 1.2.2 and need to implement both English & Arabic user interfaces. For this I am maintaining separate resource file for both languages (gpt_en.properties and gpt_ar.properties).  As mentioned within the Localization help section of geoportal server,  I was able to change the UI texts to a desired language (English or Arabic) by configuring it within the gpt-faces-config.xml. This works fine. Now I am having the following queries.

Is there any setting with Geoportal Server which I can modify so that within the user interface itself I can switch between multiple languages ? This should include the layout changes also (shifting UI elements left to right for Arabic). Do i need to implement this programetically?... if then where will I get the required references?

Any references or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Denish

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JurajKubes
New Contributor II

Hi Denish,

we have been coping with the similair problem recently. We have solved the problem by implementing our own widget with custom buttons that would switch between languages on click. You can check the implementation of the localised geoportal on https://inspire.cdb.sk/geoportal/

Unfortunatelly, we have no experience with shifting UI elements for Arabic. Hope, I have helped.

Juraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JurajKubes
New Contributor II

Hi Denish,

we have been coping with the similair problem recently. We have solved the problem by implementing our own widget with custom buttons that would switch between languages on click. You can check the implementation of the localised geoportal on https://inspire.cdb.sk/geoportal/

Unfortunatelly, we have no experience with shifting UI elements for Arabic. Hope, I have helped.

Juraj

MartenHogeweg
Esri Contributor

Hi Juraj, would you be willing to share your widget on the geoportal github site?

0 Kudos
denishreg
New Contributor II

HI Juraj,

Thanks for the response. Great to see that you could implement this functionality. Could you please provide more details on how you programmetically achieve this? What I am looking for is within those custom button clicks, what modifications we have to do (in whatever java classes) inorder to switch the resource files dynamically and reload the page.

As I am new to Java development, it will be very helpful for me if you provide some tips on this

Denish

0 Kudos