Error executing WFS to Feature Class

02-26-2017 02:28 AM
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

I am having some trouble executing the WFS to Feature Class tool.

I know that the WFS connection must be working, as once I punch in the URL to the GP tool, a drop down list of the relevant features is populated.

I specify an empty geodatabase at the root level as my export location, but get the following error:

ERROR 000366: Invalid geometry type
Failed to execute (WFSToFeatureClass).

000366 : Invalid geometry type.

Description

The geometry type of the input is invalid for the operation. The geometry types are point, polyline, and polygon. The input feature dataset must be of the correct type for the tool.

Solution

Check the documentation for the tool to determine which geometry type is supported for the operation, and ensure that you are using the correct type as input.

I feel I've tried everything, but am not having any success getting this to work. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JustinOdell
Occasional Contributor III

So I was able to successfully perform this operation using FME Universal Translator, converting the WFS URL to a File Geodatabase. Tip for young players: don't have ArcGIS open whilst running the script, or else you'll get a lock error with the output gdb.

So I have achieved my desired output, however I would still like to know why I cannot get the 'WFS to Feature Class' tool in ArcGIS to perform the same function as FME.