Materials Management Solution

08-10-2018 11:33 AM
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

The Materials Management Solution for ArcGIS is a set of configurable commercial off the shelf applications that have been organized to support the coordination of field-based materials testing such as performing Slump of Hydraulic Concrete testing or sample collection.  The app allows us to schedule testing at project sites or sample collection from suppliers and plants who provide construction materials for DOT road improvement projects.  Technicians can access sample test forms to input test results and report feedback or they can use a form to collect samples that are shipped back to a DOT or Contractor lab for further testing.  Notifications can be sent to the labs to let the technicians know that new samples are on their way and when samples arrive, technicians can launch into the testing procedures and record the test results.  When testing is complete the results can be updated and notifications can be sent to suppliers, contractors and project managers so they know the test results and can act appropriately.  Finally, all of the results can be shared via Operations Dashboards where we can visualize test results, projects, and technician activity. 

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
4 Replies
David
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I work with a lot of AEC firms that would love to see something like this. Thanks for sharing the video.

0 Kudos
GavinJackson3
New Contributor III

Eric Rodenberg‌ 

I can't view the video nor see the solution on the ArcGIS solutions site... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
EricRodenberg
Esri Contributor

Gavin,

I'm not sure.  I just tested the post, in incognito mode on my browser and I wasn't signed in and the video started playing with audio.  Maybe your organization is blocking content coming from GeoNet.  Check with your IT group and see if they need to whitelist content from GeoNet. 

With regard to ArcGIS Solutions, this is a configurable solution but because the 50 State DOT's do materials management testing 50 different ways there isn't a single unified solution.  Many use AASHTO forms that have been slightly modified for their workflows so it makes it difficult to come out with a single solution.  We can look at your current solution and can modify the workflow in the video above to meet your organization's needs, you can get started here: DOT Materials Management

Eric J. Rodenberg | Solution Engineer Transportation Practice
Esri | 7775 Walton Pkwy, Suite 270 | New Albany, Ohio 43054-8202 | USA
T 614-933-8698, ext. 5503 | erodenberg@esri.com | esri.com
GavinJackson3
New Contributor III

Eric

Thank you for the prompt reply. I discovered that the video, much less the geonet site, doesn't work too well on mobile browsers.... hint hint.

Thanks for the link to the "solution", your explanation helped a lot.

I work for a State Transport government agency in Australia so it will be good to see how the AASHTO mappings could map to some of our specific requirements. Really just a proof of concept at this point for the materials team.

Cheers

Gavin

0 Kudos