Select to view content in your preferred language

Transforming table directly into event table

03-28-2022 02:29 PM
Colin_Schut
Occasional Contributor

Our pavement management system creates an analysis table that would be useful to have back in the GIS for visualization and other purposes. It would be useful to have it as a roads and highways event so we could use it for overlay outputs but the update process would be simply deleting the existing rows and appending the current analysis.

The easiest thing would be to append rows through FME and add in guids for the event id, and while I think it would work, are there any potential issues with doing so? Or do people have other suggested workflows?

It would not be edited in any manner otherwise and already has the required fields because it pulls data from an event table.

Fully using python to use the append events geoprocessing tool is possible of course but is getting outside my abilities.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CameronCole
Occasional Contributor

We do something very similar with no issues. 

We get a data dump of non-spatial data from our DOT. We put the data in a temp EGDB in SQL. I then use the Append tool to add the new rows with new AssetID's. I would just be careful how your versioning is set up. We only edit to the default for certain events that aren't edited by the end user. You might need to run a compress the EGDB to get rid of a state after the delete.