Realignment Event Behaviour

Jump to solution
09-18-2019 03:15 PM
ColinSchut
New Contributor III

Hi all,

Currently testing different route changes and the implications for event behaviour and have a question regarding realignments.

Let's say I have an event that goes from 0 measure to 100, and dates before and after the realignment which is measure 40 to 60. I need the start and end locations to stay in the existing geographic locations.

Completing the realignment will retire that event (and downchain ones) and create two new events from 0 to 40 and 60 to 100 with no record covering 40 to 60 on the new alignment. This seems to be the case whatever behaviour I try.

I could change new event 1 to cover the distance and delete new event 2, but this seems clunky to do for every event feature. Am I missing something in the combination of event behaviour rules to have it do what I need?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

The scenario you're describing would be an event behavior we added to Roads and Highways at 10.6 called Cover.  See this page for more information: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/roads-and-highways/scenarios-of-the-cover-even...

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Colin,

The scenario you're describing would be an event behavior we added to Roads and Highways at 10.6 called Cover.  See this page for more information: http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/latest/extensions/roads-and-highways/scenarios-of-the-cover-even...

Nathan

Esri Roads and Highways team

ColinSchut
New Contributor III

Thank you very much, in particular for that help page. I actually thought I had tested cover but must have made an error somewhere.

I found the description on this page a bit confusing because of it stating it changes measures and geographic location, but I can see what it means now.

Event behaviors—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky
Occasional Contributor III

Colin,

Instead of changing event 1 and retiring event 2. Why not add event 3 to the new alignment, using beginning and end toggle button. That should retire event 1 and 2. A manual option to cover behavior. 

0 Kudos