From-date of events after underlying routes are edited

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

Hello, RHUG community,

The from-dates of events change every time the underlying routes are realigned or edited. For example, when an underlying route is realigned, new time slices are created for the events on that route. In the new time slice, the from-dates of events are the realigned date.  How do users query the original from-date of these events? This behavior makes sense within the realigned section, but events that are outside of the realigned section are also affected since they are on the same route. Do we have to add another field to store the date those events became valid? Note: Not sure if this makes any difference or not but we are using the line network model.

Thanks for any advice or insight on this issue.

Masao

Masao Matsuoka
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

Hi Masao,

Yes, the From Date and To Date fields in Roads and Highways are designed to establish the temporal vintage of route LRS that the event is sync'd to. 

It sounds like you want a new field in your event that provides the date when the event record or asset was created or last inventoried. It's easy to add the field to your event and it becomes one of the business data items that persists with the event record.  You can call the field whatever is meaningful (e.g. 'Field Collection Date', etc). 

-Clive

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

Hi Masao,

Yes, the From Date and To Date fields in Roads and Highways are designed to establish the temporal vintage of route LRS that the event is sync'd to. 

It sounds like you want a new field in your event that provides the date when the event record or asset was created or last inventoried. It's easy to add the field to your event and it becomes one of the business data items that persists with the event record.  You can call the field whatever is meaningful (e.g. 'Field Collection Date', etc). 

-Clive

MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

Clive,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping to avoid having multiple dates but it seems we have to in this case. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Masao

Masao Matsuoka
0 Kudos
RyanKoschatzky
Regular Contributor

Can you use the time slider or remove definition query to query retired records?

MasaoMatsuoka
Occasional Contributor

Ryan,

That is what we need to do currently. I talk to my colleagues, and we decided to add another field so we do not have to query through the time slices to get the from-date from the oldest one. This means when we initially create a new event, we need to enter the same date twice (from-date and the new date field). Also I can add an attribute rule to populate the new date field as well. This is what I am thinking with my limited knowledge but any suggestions are welcome.

Masao Matsuoka