Event Editor slow load time in 10.8.1

08-30-2021 12:36 PM
ErinLesh1
New Contributor III

When we add the following service to Event Editor 10.8.1, it takes about 15 minutes to load the application.

When we add the same service to Event Editor 10.5.1, the application loads in less than a minute.

https://ncnhde.natureserve.org/arcgis/rest/services/NC_Public/Managed_Areas/MapServer

Has anyone experienced similar behavior with a map service?  Does anyone know what the 10.8.1 app is doing that the 10.5.1 app does not that might cause this behavior?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
Scott_Fierro
New Contributor II

This is basics for sure but might make for a good cross check for versionitis. 

The server the services is running off of is a 10.4.1 server. "Enterprise" was the big change at 10.5 that didn't really have a lot of its kinks (portal/server) refined until 10.6.1. Obviously components of R&H have had various changes along the way.

Your working scenario falls in that early "Enterprise" changeover and isn't far removed from the 10.4.1 service. I'd be curious to know if you pushed the same service to a 10.8.1 or at least 10.7+ environment and pulled it into the 10.8.1 Event Editor if you saw the same results (15 min) or normal (1 min)?

Do you have other services coming from this same 10.4.1 server into the 10.8.1 Event Editor that load with normal expected load times?

Only other item I'd question just from a cursory consideration of timelines, where does this service live (on-prem, cloud, etc.) in comparison to the server hosting 10.5.1 Event Editor vs. 10.8.1 Event Editor?

0 Kudos
ErinLesh1
New Contributor III

Thanks Scott.  Unfortunately we do not host the 10.4.1 service. 

It seems reasonable that the 10.4.1 version is closer to 10.5.1 which may be why it works better.  But, it does eventually load so we still wonder what EE is doing.   

Scott_Fierro
New Contributor II

Got it. Understood and it may be an EE issue still. My questions were targeted at eliminating the slew of server/portal changes between a 10.4.1 service passed into a 10.8.1 web app code base that's tied to 10.8.1 portal/server in order to truly point the finger at EE and not the underlying code bases of the supporting server architecture versions.