Event Editor and ArcGIS Server versions

02-02-2022 11:46 AM
Labels (1)
AlexCarter1
New Contributor III

Does the Event Editor version have to be kept in lockstep with the Server version you are using or can you use a newer version of Event Editor?

Currently using Server 10.8.1 for Portal, publishing with ArcGIS Pro 2.8.  Wondering if we can use 10.9.1 Event Editor.

8 Replies
CameronCole
New Contributor III

Hey Alex,

I am not in the same boat as you are but I do not have them in "lockstep" I am running 10.5.1 Server and 10.8.1 Event Editor. Sorry this doesn't answer your question 100% but it shows that having them different still functions. 

0 Kudos
AlexCarter1
New Contributor III

Cameron,

It answers it enough for me to be fairly certain it's possible.  Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alex,

Yes this is possible, but we do recommend you keep your Enterprise and Event Editor versions in alignment whenever possible.  New functionality and bug fixes can be made in both Enterprise (via REST) or within Event Editor, so keeping them in alignment ensures you don't see functionality that doesn't work as expected.

Nathan
ArcGIS Roads and Highways team

AlexCarter1
New Contributor III

Nathan,

Where is the best location to download previous versions of Event Editor to keep them in alignment?

0 Kudos
CameronCole
New Contributor III

Alex,

I was able to download the installation files for R&H (which ever version) then when you unpack it and start the installation you can just grab the Event Editor application files that would have gone into IIS. Then you can add the files to IIS and have the most recent config.json files for event editor. 

Do not install the apps for server or desktop otherwise they will no longer work. You want just the IIS files for event editor. 

I am sure there is a more eloquent way to say what I said. If it doesn't make sense I think I might have some screen shots from when I did it a few months back.   

0 Kudos
AlexCarter1
New Contributor III

Got it, thanks!

0 Kudos
CameronCole
New Contributor III

Alex,

Just curious, what is your use case for needing to do this? 

0 Kudos
AlexCarter1
New Contributor III

As Nathan said, they recommend to keep your Event Editor and Enterprise versions in alignment.  We are currently using Enterprise 10.8, so I wanted to make sure Event Editor was the same version.  Unless I am misinterpreting him.

0 Kudos