Select to view content in your preferred language

Finding shortest route between many points

Jump to solution
04-15-2024 04:19 PM
Jades1
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm trying to solve a problem that is not very complicated, but I can't seem to find a good solution in ESRI. I have different medi-cal clients and each one sees a different provider. In the dataset, I have client geolocation and provider geolocation, and I want to find the distance (shortest in time/or distance) for each client-provider pair. This is not an OD-cost matrix problem. It would seem to be a shortest path problem; however, it seems that shortest path is not really built for finding the shortest path between many different pairs. Instead, it is setup for finding the shortest path between many different points on a route. Essentially, if I wanted to find Euclidean distance, in geopandas it would be easy with geopandas.distance() command; however, I want to incorporate roadways.

I have to use ArcGIS pro, since there is protected health information involved. I mostly code in Python when using ArcGIS. What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks much!

James

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jades1
by
Occasional Contributor

Okay, I've got it all figured out and automated. Lindsay, let me know if you need any help automating the route.solve part of your problem.

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Honored Contributor

I won't say no to know more about how you've automated it. That bit still catches me out sometimes. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
Jades1
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey Lindsay, just sent a DM

0 Kudos