Export Network GP Tool in 10.5?

Jump to solution
03-14-2018 05:18 AM
CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

So we moved to ArcGIS 10.5.1 including of course Roads and Highways 10.5.1 and now I can't locate the GP Tool Export Network.  Searches online have turned up the 10.3 and 10.4 versions and a patch for 10.5 but I can't find the tool itself.  Someone's help in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

The tool is still there, well hidden in the internal ArcGIS desktop tools.  To load the tool, you can follow the same process described in the 10.3 web help (here). 

Briefly, 

1. Start ArcMap

2. Create a custom toolbox as a target for deploying the Export Network tool

3. Right-click on the toolbox and choose "Add Tool" from the context menu.  This will open the Add Tool dialog window 

4. Scroll down to locate the Location Referencing Tools toolbox.  Expand the toolbox clicking on the [+] 

5. Select the checkbox for Export Network, then click the OK button

The Export Network tool should now show up in your custom toolbox.  

Hopefully the process works for you.  I just verified it in 10.5.1 on my local computer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

The tool is still there, well hidden in the internal ArcGIS desktop tools.  To load the tool, you can follow the same process described in the 10.3 web help (here). 

Briefly, 

1. Start ArcMap

2. Create a custom toolbox as a target for deploying the Export Network tool

3. Right-click on the toolbox and choose "Add Tool" from the context menu.  This will open the Add Tool dialog window 

4. Scroll down to locate the Location Referencing Tools toolbox.  Expand the toolbox clicking on the [+] 

5. Select the checkbox for Export Network, then click the OK button

The Export Network tool should now show up in your custom toolbox.  

Hopefully the process works for you.  I just verified it in 10.5.1 on my local computer.

CharlesMcNeel
New Contributor II

Thanks Clive!

I looked at that page but noticed that the 10.5 and 10.6 pages were grayed out so I didn't think to try it.  

Charles

0 Kudos