Welcome!

04-27-2016 01:25 PM

Welcome!

We would like to welcome you to GeoNet for Departments of Transportation!  Our goal is to create a vibrant forum for the GIS community at State DOTs and Roadway Agencies to exchange information, best practices, and to provide valuable feedback to Esri.  This site represents our growing focus and commitment to the transportation community, and our pledge to continuously adjust and improve our product and services offerings based on your input. 

On this site you will see notices for our upcoming webinars focused on specific technical capabilities, as well as our customer success stories.  You will be able to post
questions for Esri staff as well as other transportation professionals, find the latest research and professional White Papers of Interest to the GIS community, and we hope, find a welcoming forum for your participation.  We encourage the creation of subgroups of interest to share best practice in safety, planning, asset management, LRS, and
to share common experiences and feedback on our transportation specific solutions such as Roads and Highways.

With our focus on providing DOT business solutions, we want this forum to provide an environment for highlighting partner capabilities in the context of user success stories and specific implementation experiences.  We intend to work with our partner ecosystem to ensure the transportation community is aware of the substantial, important and impactful solution work that has been done.  We hope that you will not only find useful information at this site, but that you will also contribute to making this a place to share creativity and help others to success in the road and highway community.

Welcome!

Terry Bills                                                                                       Gary A. Waters

Transportation Industry Manager                                             Transportation Practice Lead

Comments

Hi Terry,

I am a little confused by your post. Are you inviting people to join the DOT 'space' in GeoNet? Or does this forum post have another meaning? I guess since this post showed up in the main content in GeoNet, I presumed it was intended for everyone, but maybe it is only for people in the DOT space already? Sorry for my misunderstanding.

~Adrian

Hi Adrian - thank you for the question.  The GeoNet main page will always show all new content, regardless of where it has been posted in the Community, to help users find potential topics/groups of interest that they may not already follow or be a part of.  That being said, the Welcome message has a two-fold purpose.  The Esri staff that work with Departments of Transportation are kick-starting a campaign to bring new DOT-relevant content to the Departments of Transportation GeoNet space with greater regularity, and we're excited to invite both existing and new GeoNet users that work in or with DOTs to join in the conversation and create subgroups to explore topics of mutual interest. 

Leslie,

Thanks for the follow-up. I appreciate the information and look forward to seeing future content for the DOT group!

Cheers,

Adrian

Version history
Last update:
‎04-27-2016 01:25 PM
Updated by:
Contributors