arcgisbinding in RStudio, fatal error

Jump to solution
05-17-2019 03:06 AM
zhitaozhu
New Contributor

Hello everyone! Everytime I use arcgisbinding(e.g. arc.write arc.open) in RStudio, I would encounter a reminder that "R session aborted. R enountered a fatal error. The seesion was terminated". Is there anyone knowing how to deal with this problem? Thank you!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GraceGoldrich-Middaugh
New Contributor

I also began having this issue. It is happening not only when using arcgisbinding, but also with some other packages now. Not resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling R, Rstudio, and anaconda. Could it be related to changing the environment in ArcGIS Pro? 

(I am a beginner)

0 Kudos
GraceGoldrich-Middaugh
New Contributor

For the sake of completeness, I uninstalled anaconda and have since been able to run arcgisbinding functions without crashes.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your diligence Grace! We have a bug fix for a similar issue that we observed under different Conda settings. I will give you an update once that fix is in, in case you want to install Anaconda later on.

Just a note, Pro ships with Conda, and through the use of Python Command Prompt (a program automatically installed with Pro) you can easily leverage it to create and manage Conda environments.

0 Kudos
FrazerBwalya
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Is there a working fix now?

0 Kudos