arc.check_product could not bind to a valid ArcGIS Pro installation.

05-31-2019 12:36 PM
BillGuthe1
New Contributor II

I am running Pro 2.3.3, arcgisbinding 1.0.1.232 and R-3.5.3 on a Windows 10 machine.  I've followed the ENFA Tutorial and its instructions to enable arcgisbinding on Pro.  On the R Studio side, initiating the library (arcgisbinding) works, but the check_product fails.  I've reinstalled the arcgisbinding package in R with no effect.  There have been previous versions of R, Pro and the bridge on this machine (the bridge worked before this).  There are no specific R-related variables among the environmental variables.  Are the other settings gumming things up?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Bill,

Thanks for the report. Can you open a standalone R session (x64) and confirm that you observe the same behavior there? Could you also let us know what type of license you're using for Pro (named user with ArcGIS Online, named user with Portal, single use, concurrent use license). Could you also see if a sample Geoprocessing tool which uses R works from the Pro side? There is a collection of sample tools here:

GitHub - R-ArcGIS/r-sample-tools: Sample tools illustrating R usage in geoprocessing scripts 

Thanks,
Shaun

0 Kudos
BillGuthe1
New Contributor II

Hi, Shaun. I get the same behavior using a standalone R session. I’m using a Named User with our portal gisportal.princeton.edu/portal (I first had the error with an Enterprise login tied to our AGOL organization; switching to our Portal didn’t make a difference). I will check the sample geoprocessing tools on Monday morning.

Thanks for your quick response on this.

Best,

Bill

0 Kudos
BillGuthe1
New Contributor II

Hi, Shaun. Using the Enterprise Named User on our Portal, the R sample tools work from the two aprx files. I’ve attached the logs.

I’ll see if I can replicate the problem from the R side.

Thanks,

Bill G

0 Kudos
BillGuthe1
New Contributor II

Hi, Shaun. I used the Pro’s Edit tool to open semi_par_regression.R in R Studio. Running library (arcgisbinding) and arc.check_product() now works.

Thanks,

Bill G