Warnings when using LocationViewshed

Jump to solution
01-04-2018 01:03 AM
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I've recently upgraded to the latest SDK and started using the LocationViewShed.

That was when I started getting the following warnings repeatedly:

D3D11 WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::OMSetRenderTargets: Resource being set to OM RenderTarget slot 0 is still bound on input! [ STATE_SETTING WARNING #9: DEVICE_OMSETRENDERTARGETS_HAZARD]

D3D11 WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::OMSetRenderTargets[AndUnorderedAccessViews]: Forcing PS shader resource slot 1 to NULL. [ STATE_SETTING WARNING #7: DEVICE_PSSETSHADERRESOURCES_HAZARD]

I've disabled everything else and left only the very straight forward creation of the LocationViewShed but the warnings remain. If I disable the LocationViewShed creation - they are gone.

Besides the warnings, it seems to be working fine.

This is the creation code (The actual values are in comments):

if (nullptr == m_locationViewshed)    {
       m_locationViewshed = new LocationViewshed(m_stSystemPosition.location,

static_cast<double>(m_stSystemPosition.fAzimuth), //0.0
                                 static_cast<double>(m_stSystemPosition.fElevation) + 90, //85.0
                                 static_cast<double>(m_stSystemPosition.fFovDeg), //30.0
                                 SYSTEM_VERTICAL_FOV_DEG, //45
                                 SYSTEM_RANGE_2_METERS, //1400
                                 this);
       m_locationViewshed->setVisible(true);
       m_analysisOverlay->analyses()->append(m_locationViewshed);
       LocationViewshed::setVisibleColor("green");
       LocationViewshed::setObstructedColor("transparent");
}

Any ides what causes the warnings and how to get rid of them?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

I spoke with the team and they have seen this in Debug on Windows only. They appear to be DirectX messages that only appear in Debug, not Release. Also, they shouldn't actually cause any issues. Can you please try in Release? Also, it would be good if you can contact Esri Support and log a bug so we can track who is being affected by the issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Hi, these look like shader warnings or errors. What platform/device are you on? Do you have details about your system like GPU, Graphics Card, etc?

0 Kudos
AnatBen_Israel
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm running on Windows 10 64 bit.

The following image shows the graphics specifications:

Graphic specs

Thanks!

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

I spoke with the team and they have seen this in Debug on Windows only. They appear to be DirectX messages that only appear in Debug, not Release. Also, they shouldn't actually cause any issues. Can you please try in Release? Also, it would be good if you can contact Esri Support and log a bug so we can track who is being affected by the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos