Select to view content in your preferred language

Segfault when using a MapView in two ApplicationWindows

12-14-2023 11:20 AM
Labels (2)
HunterMorganBell
New Contributor II

I get a segfault when trying to have two MapViews, one in 2 separate ApplicationWindows. The app I am developing has 2 windows and I need 2 different maps, one in each window. For some reason, when doing this, I get a segfault eventually. Sometimes it will crash during load, other times after a bit during interaction. I also notice sometimes when interacting (zooming in particular), the other map will show artifacts, flickering, other glitches.

Is there some sort of limitation to using multiple MapViews in multiple windows? I know I can easily put more than 1 MapView in a single window (see the scene-map sync example).

To note, these are 2 different MapView objects, I do not want them to be the same map.

To reproduce, use the Display a Map C++ example, and modify main.cpp to load 2 windows instead of 1:

engine.load(QUrl("qrc:/Samples/Maps/DisplayMap/main.qml"));
engine.load(QUrl("qrc:/Samples/Maps/DisplayMap/main.qml"));

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@HunterMorganBell that's great news it is working for you, and thanks for all the extra info about tuning it even further.

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@HunterMorganBell we have fixed this in the upcoming release (200.4.0). Thanks again for reporting the issue to us. Starting next release, you won't need the QSG_RENDER_LOOP workaround anymore.

0 Kudos