Select to view content in your preferred language

S-63 ENC support

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (3)
SWE
by
New Contributor II

I've 3 questions related to Qt runtime sdk.

1 - According to what i researched .net sdk has S-63 support but qt's dont seem to support that is this right and is there any way we can achieve that because its important for us to give support for both types of charts.

2- Runtime license for releasing an application is given in bundles like in our case as we have to use nautical charts we would be needing standard package which is quite expensive and we'll only be releasing that application for just one  in house product  it seems quite expensive for just enc support as we dont need much other functionality which a lite license or basic one dont support so are there any ways we could still use those charts.

3- Is there any function to change the color of drawing on map using geometry editor like color of vertex  and also like we can change the color of geometry as i've looked into interactionConfig, vertex tools etc but cant seem to find it .

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RexHansen
Esri Contributor

Hi SWE,  I'll answer questions 1 and 2. 
1 - Correct, direct access to S-63 encrypted ENC data is only supported with the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET at this time.   However, we are open to considering opportunities to support in other Native Maps SDKs. 

2- Correct, ArcGIS Runtime deployment packs are sold in bundles of deployments.  Direct access local data that is not part of the ArcGIS system, such as ENC data, requires ArcGIS Runtime/Native Maps SDKs be licensed at the Standard level at a minimum.  One Standard deployment pack includes 25 deployments.   If you choose to license ArcGIS Runtime/Native Maps SDKs at the Standard level using a license string, the minimum purchase is one Standard deployment pack.  Another option to consider is the named user workflow.  If the user of your app will have an ArcGIS identity/account associated with a Creator user type or higher, this named user includes a Standard license you can use to license Runtime/Native Maps SDKs.  This requires ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, but if already available then you can purchase user types individually.  See this page in our doc for more details on the named user option: https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/license-and-deployment/get-a-license/

Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to share more details on your project so we can factor into our product plan. 

Thanks
-Rex     

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

For question 3, you can set a GeometryEditorStyle with GeometryEditorTool.setStyle (VertexTool is a subclass of GeometryEditorTool). This allows you to configure all the various symbols such as the vertices, lines, feedback, etc.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RexHansen
Esri Contributor

Hi SWE,  I'll answer questions 1 and 2. 
1 - Correct, direct access to S-63 encrypted ENC data is only supported with the ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET at this time.   However, we are open to considering opportunities to support in other Native Maps SDKs. 

2- Correct, ArcGIS Runtime deployment packs are sold in bundles of deployments.  Direct access local data that is not part of the ArcGIS system, such as ENC data, requires ArcGIS Runtime/Native Maps SDKs be licensed at the Standard level at a minimum.  One Standard deployment pack includes 25 deployments.   If you choose to license ArcGIS Runtime/Native Maps SDKs at the Standard level using a license string, the minimum purchase is one Standard deployment pack.  Another option to consider is the named user workflow.  If the user of your app will have an ArcGIS identity/account associated with a Creator user type or higher, this named user includes a Standard license you can use to license Runtime/Native Maps SDKs.  This requires ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise, but if already available then you can purchase user types individually.  See this page in our doc for more details on the named user option: https://developers.arcgis.com/qt/license-and-deployment/get-a-license/

Feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to share more details on your project so we can factor into our product plan. 

Thanks
-Rex     

0 Kudos
SWE
by
New Contributor II

With regards to 1st Question is it possible that if we have s-63 maps and have valid user permit can we decrypt and convert it to s-57  and then show it??

0 Kudos
HydroExpert
New Contributor

Technically it is possible to decrypt S-63 to S-57 if you have the user and cell permits, but it is illegal even if you have obtained the S-63 charts legally.

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

For question 3, you can set a GeometryEditorStyle with GeometryEditorTool.setStyle (VertexTool is a subclass of GeometryEditorTool). This allows you to configure all the various symbols such as the vertices, lines, feedback, etc.

0 Kudos