PostInstall in silent mode issue

01-27-2023 12:41 PM
Labels (2)
OzanGerdaneri
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to integrate postInstaller as a step in Dockerfile. That is why I call it in silent mode.. However, it seems that it tries to open postinstaller gui. Is --silent option correct? I already tried -s by the way.. 

Step 20/24 : RUN cd /home/user/arcgis/maps_sdk/qt200.0.0 && ./postInstaller --silent
---> Running in c6ae39c797dc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt Post-Installer
v200.0.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, xcb.

./postInstaller: line 35: 12 Aborted (core dumped) $POSTINSTALLER $*

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TroyFoster
Occasional Contributor

The user in your docker container may not have permission to use the display, try calling "xhost +" before the postinstall to enable that.

Our dockerfiles do not call the postinstaller script though so you may be able to get away with not calling it and still be able to compile and run stuff.

And to answer your next question for when you get there, once you have runtime Qt installed and a software piece compiling in docker, and you want to run it in docker, use xvfb(X Virtual Frame Buffer) to get the displayless docker to pretend that it has a display. "/usr/bin/xvfb-run --auto-servernum $your_executable"

0 Kudos
JamesBallard1
Esri Regular Contributor

@OzanGerdaneri , @TroyFoster is correct. It is unlikely you will need to run the post installer on Linux for this situation. It will integrate the offline help files and install the SDK templates for use with Qt Creator, but for a headless Docker install, you likely won't need those.

0 Kudos