Select to view content in your preferred language

MapGraphicsWidget?

06-26-2014 05:58 AM
MaximPaperno
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to get get started with the ArgGIS SDK (Qt 5.3).  My challenge is that my main application window is already a QGraphicsView, with its own QGraphicsScene (most of the app UI is using Qt Graphics Framework already).  What I ultimately need is a map inside a QGraphicsWidget. 

Of course I could try and embed MapGraphicsView inside a QGraphicsProxyWidget, but that just seems wrong. Haven't tried it, but I  imagine the performance would be poor, and the app is already graphics-intensive.

Would appreciate any pointers.  Thanks!

-Max
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelTims
New Contributor III

Hi Max, 

Sorry for the delay in response.  The QGraphicsProxyWidget may be the better approach at the moment.  You could also try rendering the MapGraphicsView to an offscreen QImage and then painting the image to your custom QGraphicsView, but I imagine that would be even slower than the QGraphicsProxyWidget approach.  Thanks for your feedback on this issue.  I will log an issue to see if we can get a MapGraphicsWidget, based on QGraphicsWidget, added to the API.

Thanks!

-Michael Tims

0 Kudos
MaximPaperno
New Contributor

Thanks Michael, I may give it a try with the proxy after all, as you suggest.  A MapGraphicsWidget would be great though.

Best,

-Max

0 Kudos