How to use custom tile URL scheme in v100.0 (and 10.2.6)?

11-22-2016 04:54 AM
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

In the JS API we can extend the ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer and change the method for getting a tile URL based on level,row,col which allows us to use non-standard methods of hosting tiles.  I was also able to do this with the native android SDK.  I am wondering if you guys can help point me towards how to accomplish this with the QT SDK.  I've been looking through the C++ docs in v100, but I also looked in 10.2.6 and had a similar problem. I am sure I'm just missing something obvious but I don't see a straightforward method for retrieving tiles like there is documented for the JS/Android versions.  Please let me know if this is doable, as it is fairly important to us to be able to do this, and we'd like to use Qt if possible.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

It is not yet possible in 100.0. We are working on designing this for an future update.

However, it is possible with 10.2.6. Have a look at this - ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt C++ API: EsriRuntimeQt::TileHandler Class Reference 

0 Kudos
JonathonGrivas
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response, I did see that TileHandler class but I'm new to Qt's C++ signals and slots and I didn't realize I could change the functionality through the TileHandler.  

So would I need to extend TileHandler, override the requestTile method to make my request for the image, and then call the setTile method with the byte data after the image is returned? 

And as for v100, is this a "definitely coming soon" feature, or something that's in the backlog and might be considered if there's time?  

0 Kudos