Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with Qt installation

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 04:02 PM
DotMatrix
New Contributor II

I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and tried to reinstall everything, but now I can't see ArcGIS as an option when I start a new Project in QT.

I installed:

1) Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition

2) Qt SDK for Windows (v5.7.0) x86

3) ArcGIS SDK for Qt (v10.2.6 + patch)

4) Ran Post-Installer on qmake.exe in bin folder from Qt SDK install

But when I open Qt Creator, I don't see ArcGIS as an option for a Project.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Did you select Qt Creator when you ran the post installer? You will need to select Qt Creator to configure the templates, help, etc.

The post installer will copy the template folders from the ideintegration folder of the sdk setup into %appdata%/QtProject/qtcreator/templates/wizards. So, worst case as a workaround, you could copy the folders there manually and reopen Qt Creator. However, as long as you have run the post installer for Qt Creator, it should work.

- Luke

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LucasDanzinger

Did you select Qt Creator when you ran the post installer? You will need to select Qt Creator to configure the templates, help, etc.

The post installer will copy the template folders from the ideintegration folder of the sdk setup into %appdata%/QtProject/qtcreator/templates/wizards. So, worst case as a workaround, you could copy the folders there manually and reopen Qt Creator. However, as long as you have run the post installer for Qt Creator, it should work.

- Luke

DotMatrix
New Contributor II

That's all it was, thank you.

One more question I've been wondering about. If I want to build apps for Windows x86, x64, and Android, then I need to install all 3 Qt SDKs, correct? So, I would technically have 3 Qt Creator installs? Is there anyway to get them all associated with just one install? Or is it best practice to use the Qt Creator for whichever SDK it installed with?

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

It all depends on how you install Qt Creator. If you install with the online installer from Qt, they usually consolidate it all into just one Qt Creator install. But in the case that you do end up with 3 Qt Creators, you can go to the Qt Creator settings/options, then build and run, then the Qt Versions tab. Once there, click the add button, and browse to all of the qmake executables you will be using. Click apply, and it should show up in your available kits for that Qt Creator.

DotMatrix
New Contributor II

Okay, thanks a lot for your help

0 Kudos
DotMatrix
New Contributor II

Can I use the Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition with the current version of ArcGIS QT SDK 10.2.6?.6

0 Kudos