GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable won't update feature

06-30-2015 07:07 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

I have a GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable where I am trying to update a feature. In my code below, I create a feature from an existing feature, alter the geometry (which I can visually see change on the map), then try to update the original feature. The updatefeature fires the onApplyFeatureEditsStatusChanged of the GeodatabaseFeatureServiceTable  and tells me the edits were successfully applied, but they aren't. I can check this by calling a refresh on the layer, which results in the feature reverting back to what it was. I know the feature is valid and access is ok, because if I pass the altered feature into an addFeature then it successfully adds the feature.

Is this a bug or have I missed something? The feature services has all the necessary permissions as far as I know. (update, sync).

Using AppStudio, Arcgis Server 10.3.1 federated with Portal 10.3.1.

var feature = ft.feature(ftFeatureToBeEditedId);

feature.geometry =  my.graphic(theFeatureId).geometry;

ft.addFeature(feature);    // this works

ft.updateFeature(ftFeatureToBeEditedId, feature);    // this doesn't

ft.applyFeatureEdits();   

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Paul-

Your code looks right. Based on your sample code, I ran some a similar test against a sample feature service, and it works just fine. You're basically doing the same thing as what is in the "Local Geodatabase Editing" QML Sample. It sounds like this could be a bug. I suggest you contact Esri Support Services to have them help further troubleshoot the issue and log a bug if appropriate.

Thanks,

Luke

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Luke - I have logged it as a bug and will wait to see what comes out of that.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Paul-

Did you ever get a bug logged for this with support? If so, please include the bug info so anyone else hitting the issue can track it.

Thanks!

Luke

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Info can be found at:

https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/feedback/view.html?cap=5E0BCBB972004AC7A67F93442531EF0F&uf=BDB...

I think the bug reference is AppStu-000113

One of the devs is having a look at this at present.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos