Select to view content in your preferred language

Customizing popup using C++ Qt SDK

08-08-2023 02:43 AM
Labels (2)
TruptiDesai
Emerging Contributor

I have the "kml layer" on my map. I want to have a customized popup that will appear on click of placemark on my "kml layer". I want to have customized fields in my popup.

I am using C++ qt SDK and tried to create the popup (as shown in the attached image), but it is not working properly. please help me with this.

TruptiDesai_2-1691487740685.png

6 Replies
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

Hi Trupti,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. Unfortunately you can't set custom fields to show up in your popup at this time. We're talking about overhauling the Popup toolkit component to make it more customizable, but unfortunately I don't have a timeline for you on when you can expect that to be released. In the meantime, I'd suggest taking a look at our Callout component, because that's much easier to customize and can be given an HTML or Rich Text string to display.

I hope this helps, and don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else.

Thank you!

Tanner Yould
Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Native Apps
Esri
0 Kudos
TruptiDesai
Emerging Contributor

Hi Tanner,

Thanks for the reply. I will explore the callout feature and will reach out to you in case of any queries.

Thanks,

Trupti

0 Kudos
TruptiDesai
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I would like to know a few things.

Currently we are loading local kml file as a layer, we would like to open some details (5-6 fields) on click of particular location on that kml layer. We are exploring callout feature for this.

However, is there any possibility to open any URL in web on click of location placemark?

2. Can we open any image on click of location placemark?

3. Can we customized popup using javascript?

0 Kudos
Tanner_Yould
Esri Contributor

Hello!

Thanks for following up. Hopefully I can answer your questions.

1. I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you want to get a URL from a feature you've clicked on and then open that URL in a web browser? You may want to use Qt's QDesktopServices class for that, like so: `QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl("https://example.com/ "));` 

2. You can load images from features and display them in your app, yes. I did that in the "Set up location driven geotriggers" sample by getting an attachment url from a feature (like so, here) and then sending that to a Qt Quick QML Image component (here).

3. If you're looking to add a significant amount of JavaScript to a Callout, by default they only show text and an image so it may not be your best option. However, the code for the Callout component, like all Toolkit  components, is Open Source, and the code for the Callout can be found here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-maps-sdk-toolkit-qt/blob/main/uitools/import/Esri/ArcGISRuntime/Toolk.... You may be able to modify it to fit whatever need you have.

Hopefully that helps and thanks again!

Tanner Yould
Product Engineer
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Native Apps
Esri
0 Kudos
TruptiDesai
Emerging Contributor

Hi Tanner, I would like to know commercial licensing terms and details. Can you please help me with where to connect?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

You can find out more about commercial licensing terms and details from Esri Customer Service or your local Esri Distributor - use the link https://www.esri.com/contact to find out the appropriate contact details depending on where you are based. 

Also note the ArcGIS Developer doc FAQ provides answers to many of the commonly asked questions regarding pricing and licensing: FAQ | ArcGIS Developers.

And if you have any trouble at all finding the information you need, please feel free to email me at MBranscomb@esri.com and I'll help you find the right info.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos