ArcGIS SDKs Qt100.10 android include folders not found

03-17-2021 04:37 AM
PieterBekaert75
New Contributor

I installed the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt on my Windows machine that already has Qt Creator and Qt 5.15.2 for Android (as well as other Qt versions) up and running.

I created new ArcGIS Qt Quick C++/QML app projects but these fail to compile.

There are missing include files (.h, but also the qml import path).

I found out that SDK .pri files change INCLUDE_PATH and QML_IMPORT_PATH for android on Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\Qt100.10\sdk\ideintegration\arcgis_runtime_qml.pri
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\Qt100.10\sdk\ideintegration\arcgis_runtime_qml_cpp.pri

These apply C:\ProgramData\EsriRuntimeQt\Qt100.10\ instead of the initial C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\Qt100.10\sdk\

However: C:\ProgramData\EsriRuntimeQt does not contain this Qt100.10 folder.

I manually created the folder, and copied the SDK include and android folders to it. This resolves the compilation error and enables running the application.

But this should not be the way to go. What is wrong with my installation?

[The post-installer tool did run, but it gave no kits or options to choose from. It just installs and gives a success message. Older posts refer to this post-installer, but suggest that you have to choose things. Either the post-installer has been simplified in 100.10.0, or somethings went wrong there?]

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hello,

You are correct - we simplified the post installer, but in the process, introduced this bug. I'll log an issue for us to fix it up. FYI - the reason we need to use this path in the first place is due to a limitation where the default install path (C:\Program Files (x86)) has spaces in it, and the compiler does not tolerate it. We copy it to a known location in ProgramData to work around the issue but missed updating the PostInstaller.

Your workaround of manually copying here is exactly what you should do for the time being.

Thanks,

Lucas

0 Kudos