Types of posts for this "python snippets"

Jump to solution
08-18-2014 05:02 PM
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Xander...do you have any ideas what types of examples we should post here?

Should we focus on a particular target audience?

I have been putting code examples in my blog but I am wondering whether this would be a better spot?

Do they need to be directly Arc*** related?

cheers

Xander Bakker

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan Patterson,

Actually, to be honest I haven't given it much thought yet as to what content it should contain. But since it is called "python snippets" and due to the fact that a pure python snippet (read "Arc-less") can be very helpful in Arc*** projects, I don't think it should be restrained to arcpy related content only.

My intention was to put some snippet in this place and see where it leads. I haven't been able to do that yet, but hope to do so, when my schedule allows it. You have at your blog a very valuable collection of resources. I don't think the idea should be to duplicate it, but a reference to your blog would be very helpful.

The complexity of the snippets doesn't have to be reduced to only for beginners or only advanced. Maybe what I would like it to share snippets that helped one and could be helpful to others, preferably with some explanation of how it works.

I am open for suggestions. Dan, do you have any ideas on how this place could benefit the community?

Kind regards, Xander

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan Patterson,

Actually, to be honest I haven't given it much thought yet as to what content it should contain. But since it is called "python snippets" and due to the fact that a pure python snippet (read "Arc-less") can be very helpful in Arc*** projects, I don't think it should be restrained to arcpy related content only.

My intention was to put some snippet in this place and see where it leads. I haven't been able to do that yet, but hope to do so, when my schedule allows it. You have at your blog a very valuable collection of resources. I don't think the idea should be to duplicate it, but a reference to your blog would be very helpful.

The complexity of the snippets doesn't have to be reduced to only for beginners or only advanced. Maybe what I would like it to share snippets that helped one and could be helpful to others, preferably with some explanation of how it works.

I am open for suggestions. Dan, do you have any ideas on how this place could benefit the community?

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos