How could I pass arcgis pro credentials via python

04-06-2018 10:08 AM
jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.0.0 on a windows 12 Server (not controlled by me). There is an automated python/arcpy script that runs every night that replaces some tables in a GDB. Until recently the script would run and use the credentials stored by ArcGIS Pro for startup to authorize license level. For some reason now the "Remember Me" option doesn't work and the scripts fail. Is there a way for me to utilize the python script to provide login/licensing credentials for Pro?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi James, 

I ran across this thread and my first thought was "this would probably best be handled by opening a case with technical support."  I checked, and it looks like you've done exactly that!

Please circle back to this thread to close the loop with what you find after troubleshooting the issue with support.

Thank you!

jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

I am still working with technical support. I will post the results here. Their last email to me suggested that this was possible. - Fingers crossed!

PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Please do post your solution back to this thread. I had a similar problem with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.0 and the Python ArcGIS API 1.4. Error on Several Scripts were: RuntimeError: Not signed into Portal.

Scripts ran Pro's python env, with a user that had a named user license and had signed into pro with the 'Remember Me' option set.

0 Kudos
jameshickey
Occasional Contributor

It turns out that you are only able to sign into ArcGIS Pro on 3 computers at a time before you start booting other computers that you have logged into. In my case I have a work desktop, a laptop, a test server, a remote desktop server that I use periodically, and this server I was working on. I eventually out-did my logins and was logged out of my production machine. 

Sorry that there is not a better answer then that.

James