Why does WebApp Builder return with "AttributeError: DescribeData: Method FIDSet does not exist?"

Jump to solution
08-10-2020 11:07 AM
NeveenD
New Contributor II

Hello,

When publishing a web tool from Pro, my tool uploads successfully. When testing the tool within WAB, I receive the following error:

fidSet = desc.FIDSet AttributeError: DescribeData: Method FIDSet does not exist 
This runs perfectly fine in Pro and does not come up as an error during the publish phase. The web tool is intended to export selected images, with the portion of the script is as follows:
desc = arcpy.Describe(inView)
fidSet = desc.FIDSet
if fidSet:
fidList = fidSet.replace(' ','').split(';')
oidSet = set([int(oid) for oid in fidList])
else:
oidSet = set()
Any feedback would be helpful.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

fidSet = desc['FIDSet']

is arcpy's data access procedure since it returns a dictionary or 'describe' properties

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

TableView properties—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Layer properties—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

I see FIDset in both arcpy.Describe and arcpy.da.Describe but they return slightly different results

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
NeveenD
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan Patterson‌,

I attempted the arcpy.da.Describe as well but attempted it a second time just in case. I receive the following error when using arcpy.da.Describe within Pro itself (meaning, as you know, that I won't be able to export the webtool)--

fidSet = desc.FIDSet
AttributeError: 'dict' object has no attribute 'FIDSet'

A tableview is used the script, and a join is formed between oids of a tableview of attachments and an fc.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

fidSet = desc['FIDSet']

is arcpy's data access procedure since it returns a dictionary or 'describe' properties

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
NeveenD
New Contributor II

This worked, thank you!

0 Kudos