Using a Python Script to Reconcile and post

Jump to solution
05-11-2017 04:29 PM
LarryAdgate
Occasional Contributor

We are a large Water Utility Company with 38 Enterprise Geodatabases and most of them employ a versioning setup. As A workflow,  I am considering the use of a Python Script to automate the Reconcile and posting process. Can someone share with me there experience using this kind of workflow and is there a down side.      

0 Kudos
24 Replies
AnudeepGorantla
New Contributor

Hi Cort,

I have Multiple feature classes under my version. Is there a way That i can tell to reconcile just one feature class instead of all the features classes under my version in sde.

0 Kudos
CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

LarryAdgate‌ & rastrauch

Sure!  Give me a bit to strip out any sensitive information from the script and add in some more descriptive comments.

If you don't hear from me within a few days give me a shout.

LarryAdgate
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cort, I apologize for my late response but I'm just now getting around at looking at your code and I have a question. When running your script,  I'm getting an error message that the pyodbc module does not exist.  I'm also a little confused about how the sql file structure log works.  Your thoughts please

0 Kudos
CortWilson
Occasional Contributor

Hi Larry!

You will need to install the pyodbc python module for the portion of the error handling that writes to a SQL log table. pyodbc basically allows you to access your ODBC database through Python. If you don't care about this portion of the script you can remove the import statement for pyodbc and all other referenced code.

Home · mkleehammer/pyodbc Wiki · GitHub 

Are you wondering how to build the logging table in SQL Server? or something else?

0 Kudos
CCWeedcontrol
Occasional Contributor III

Great info, thanks for sharing Cort!