Select to view content in your preferred language

Toolboxes

Jump to solution
05-05-2015 02:53 PM
daveDurkin
New Contributor II

Could someone give me some help on getting a toolbox into ARC Desktop 10.2.  I have tried many times without success and get various error messages.  I simply want to get the following tools into my application so that I can run them on some existing features

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e19b53170e004e46827b8129d6ef9bfe

It is my first time attempting to add custom tools so please feel free to start at a basic level from first principles!  I haven't found the online help particularly understandable / useful.

Many thanks......Dave

0 Kudos
13 Replies
daveDurkin
New Contributor II

Thanks Seph

I added the toolbox in the way you describe - should I have added the 'points along the line' and 'points along the polygon' as well / instead of - are they the scripts?

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

If you added the toolbox in that way, you should be able to select either script tool within it and open them. To answer your question though, the scripts are the two python scripts that were in the zip. All of them need to be unzipped to the same location.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

make sure you unzip everything in the same folder as shown in the link.  the structure of the toolbox and the scripts must be maintained, otherwise you will have to re-establish them.  I suspect that the toolbox and scripts work properly since it has been around for a while with no problems reported so far.

daveDurkin
New Contributor II

Dan / Sephe

Thank you both - that has fixed it.

I unzipped it to a file on my 'I drive' then moved all three components to my C drive.  That didn't work.  When I unzipped it straight to my C: drive - that worked!

Much appreciated

Dave

0 Kudos