Select by location in a loop

06-26-2014 05:44 AM
IvanHuilca
New Contributor
Hello everyone.

I have a geodatabase stored in an ArcGIS 10.2 WorkGroup SQL.
I have two features: The first type point identifying customers from one location and another polygon type that identifies the parcels, the idea is to make a script that using a loop through all the points that fall on each parcel, and view the information detail of the plots and update the point layer.
Perform the Python script using the "Select by Location" command but it is too slow, I would like someone to help me because I can not find anything about it.
Under the script

regards
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Hello everyone.

I have a geodatabase stored in an ArcGIS 10.2 WorkGroup SQL.
I have two features: The first type point identifying customers from one location and another polygon type that identifies the parcels, the idea is to make a script that using a loop through all the points that fall on each parcel, and view the information detail of the plots and update the point layer.
Perform the Python script using the "Select by Location" command but it is too slow, I would like someone to help me because I can not find anything about it.
Under the script

regards

Use Spatial Join.  See this post for a discussion on this very subject.  A standard attribute join and the field calculator can transfer joined data to the points, or if you want real speed a dictionary and da cursor can do the transfer really quick.
0 Kudos
IvanHuilca
New Contributor
Thank you very much for your help, I really worked very well.
I blindness to be thinking only of the Python programming.

regards
0 Kudos