Script icon image?

Jump to solution
07-16-2012 12:14 PM
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
Is there a way to add a thumbnail to a python script? I've added the script to the [Geoprocessing tools] Commands and from there added it to a toolbar for easy one click access. But I have several tools I'd likr to do this for, and they all show the default proclamation looking scroll image. I'd like to be able to set individual images for each script icon. I did set a .png image as an illustration in the metadata area in ArcCatalog, but that doesn't display for the icon.
Thanks for any and all help.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
You need to change it on your toolbar.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
Enter customize mode through Customize menu drop down > Customize Mode. Right click on icon you want to change, change button image or browse for image.
0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
I must be doing something wrong. All I get by right clicking is a What's This? popup. I'm right clicking the CreateCase script tool (image attached). What am I missing? Probably something simple.
0 Kudos
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
You need to change it on your toolbar.
AnthonySimas
New Contributor

Hello,

This topic and solution is exactly what I have been looking for; however, I would like to request more details to the solution.  I can't seem to follow the postings on how to resolve this dilemma regarding changing the icon within the toolbar or locating the customize pane; I am using Arc Pro 2.7. 

0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
Thanks, worked great!
0 Kudos