I've got a SDE where I import new FCs to update services. I keep the old ones as they are feeding map-services.
The news ones have the same name like the old ones but with an _1 at the end.
After all the work is done I want the old one being renamed e.g. _old and the new ones to the name of the old FCs.
An extra challange is that in the SDE there reside other tables that should not been touched (yellow=the old/new FC -- red=the ones that must not be changed)
I thought doing it with python, but I can only image the steps, not the code.
One way could be to
1. get a list of all the new FCs
2. truncate the list's entries and cut the _1
3. with this new list select the old FCs
4. rename the old ones to _old
5. rename the new one to something without _1
Any help would be appreciated.